- Sheltering Arms
- $51,130.00 -79,090.00/year*
217e E 106th St
Program Overview: Sheltering Arms has been running Early Childhood Education programs for many years. Currently, we have eleven early childhood education centers serving over seven hundred children and their families around the city. Some of the parents of these children are vulnerable youth who require an array of wraparound services, intensive and individualized support, and a reliable referral network to harness their strengths and engage productively in their communities. Sheltering Arms is partnering with The Door and ten other organizations to comprehensively meet the needs of these young parents through a Youth Opportunity Hub model that will conduct targeted outreach, offer wraparound services, and intensive services for those with complex needs. Noting that the
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking a Family Services Worker to be responsible for outreach and recruitment of children/families to our program. The FSW will provide families with community resources and ensures that the family is able to reach short and long term goals.
* Identify young parents of children in Sheltering Arms' five early childhood centers in Harlem, the lower East side and Washington Heights and connect them with relevant services at The Door.
* Conduct targeted outreach to recruit young parents who can benefit from wraparound services being provided by The Door and other providers who are part of the Youth Opportunity Hub.
* Provide assessment of family needs, develop resources, identify programs and supportive services and provide referrals to assist families in meeting identified needs, and preserving the family unit
* Work with the family to create and implement family engagement activities
* Maintain up to date waiting list and prepare all related tracking instruments and reports, as required.
* Plan and conduct necessary meetings, interviews, and home visits
* Prepare, compile, submit, and maintain accurate records, files, forms and relevant information in accordance with Agency policy and funding requirements
* Coordinate services and responsibilities of other service providers working with the family
* Participate in workshops, seminars, education programs and other activities that promote professional growth and development.
* Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor's degree in related field and one (1) year of relevant work experience
* Excellent interpersonal skills as well as organizational and planning skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Computer literacy.
* Ability to work independently.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...