- Sheltering Arms
217e E 106th St
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking the Clinical Direct Service Professional that would be responsible for coordination of all clinic appointments for all Sheltering Arms Developmental Services residents.
* Assist the facility nurse with the coordination of medical services provided to the Individuals. The services include and are not limited to: audiology, dentistry, neurology, ophthalmology, physical examination, laboratory work, psychiatry, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and any other clinical services required as per the individuals' needs.
* Schedule and attend clinic appointments; communicate results to the nurse, psychologist and/or residence manager including but not limited to any medication changes, need for consents, need for specimens;
* Coordinate scheduling of follow-up appointments and ensure follow-up visits are carried out under the direction of the nurse. Post follow-up appointments on the clinic calendars in the facility.
* Serve as the liaison between the nurse, psychologist, residence manager or assistant manager; and advocate for the individuals by obtain the best possible care at the clinics, hospitals and doctor's offices.
* Read and write simple sentences in order to read, comprehend, and write in communication logs, monthly reports, medical reports, memos, etc.
* Follow written and verbal instructions.
* Administer medications to the individuals as needed.
* Drive agency vans for medical appointments, community inclusions, and all others activities assigned by program management or assimilate.
* Interact appropriately and follow all regulatory items concerning the Individuals we serve.
* Follow individuals goals/outcomes methodologies as written, in order to teach daily living skills to the Individuals we serve.
* Attend to all necessary daily needs of the Individuals we serve, including, but not limited to: personal hygiene, medication administration, community inclusion, cognitive skills training, etc.
* Follow the Chain of Command when there any doubt or concern that needs to be shared with management.
* Attend staff meetings each week. For those who do not have scheduled work shifts at staff meeting days and times, they must attend the last staff meeting of the month regardless of schedules.
* Work to keep the living environment of the Individuals we serve clean and home-like.
* Attend meeting and appointments related to the Individuals we serve and give/receive accurate information and pass this information on to all necessary parties.
* Attend in-service training, along with ability to absorb and demonstrate compliance with all regulations.
* Complete any other duties assigned by program management or assimilate.
* Prepare clinic consults and other required paper work for appointments in the absence of the nurse under the direction of the nurse.
* Coordinate and attend medical appointments under the direction of the nurse and/or residence manager.
* Check medication supply and equipment at least twice a week and report to the nurse. Maintain sufficient medication supply and equipment in the absence of the nurse.
* Schedule medical appointments and record appointments on the clinic calendar.
* Maintain and monitor bowel movement charts, menstrual cycle sheets, and other medical monitoring systems to ensure accuracy and completion, under the direction of the nurse.
* Maintain and write the monthly MAR sheets in the absence of and under the direction of the nurse
* HS Diploma/GED required.
* Valid driver's license required.
* 1-3 years of experience working with the developmentally disabled is preferred.
* Completion of mandatory 80 hours of pre-service training and 40 hours of AMAP training as provided by OPWDD.
* First Aid, CPR, AMAP, and SCIP Training; those who do not have training will be required to pass and complete all training within the first three months of employment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all direct care worker and standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to hands-on care with consumers, climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift and move consumers (if necessary) up to 200 lbs, ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30 lbs.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative and operational support, administrative assistant, administrative associate, administrative support specialist, administrator, database, executive assistant, operational assistant, salesforce
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...