- PHYSICIAN AFFILIATE GROUP OF NY
- $83,450.00 -117,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
217e E 106th St
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan our teams provide care for over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
The CRNA is responsible, either personally or through delegation, for the following:
- Under physician supervision, with latitude for individual professional judgment, administers general anesthesia or analgesia to surgical and obstetrical patients to render them insensible to pain during operative procedures. In addition, responds to calls outside the Operating Room for resuscitative measures, and pain management.
- Serves as liaison to assist communication between staff CRNAs and Administration.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of all anesthesia medications and supplies in all operating theatres.
- Capable for interviewing patients for pre-operative assessment and evaluation, select the anesthetic agent, technique, and the use of all anesthesia-related medications appropriate to the individual patient.
- Manages the anesthesia process which includes the induction, maintenance, and the emergency form anesthesia.
- Capable of setting up and using all equipment available in the Operating Room and the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), used for the management of anesthesia and anesthesia monitoring.
- Responds to calls outside the Operating Room for Endotracheal intubation, cardioversions, and participates in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
- Responsible for preparation, and daily maintenance & operation of anesthetic equipment.
- Responsible for checking, once a shift, the proper functioning of the cardiac defibrillator in the Operating Room Suite.
- Prepares daily work log as required
- Current New York State license and registration as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Master's degree in Nursing
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, infusion, intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, registed, registered nurse, surgery, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...