51 School Rd
Job Description: Supervisor - Underwriting Support Insurance to Value
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb's Personal Risk Services (PRS) Operations division provides industry leading service to clients, agents and internal business partners. We are currently seeking a Supervisor to manage the daily operations of the Underwriting Support Insurance to Value team.
* Lead a team of PRS Operations staff who provide technical, operational, and customer service support to underwriters and brokers as it relates to the Insurance to Value inspection process.
* Ensure the proper handling of the inspection process is completed within the Insurance to Value timeline and to assist Underwriting in achieving compliance on critical requirements from the inspection.
* Responsible for all aspects of supervision for the PRS Operations team, including hiring, leading, coaching, developing and managing staff to achieve performance goals and service metrics.
* Provide direction and guidance on service issues, problem resolution and general technical.
* Work with staff to set goals and evaluate performance to ensure service, quality and productivity goals are met following established procedures, policies, standards, regulatory and statutory requirements.
* Continuously look for process and workflow improvement opportunities within the team.
* Expected to learn and perform the activities of the team as needed to achieve results and guide staff.
* Develop and implement streamlined workflow procedures, enhancements ensuring service level agreements are met.
* Define, plan and monitor staffing requirements, work schedules in accordance with business goals.
* Develop partnerships and collaborate with Home Office and Underwriting Center Management to identify and successfully transfer functions from the Underwriting Centers to the Underwriting Support Insurance to Value team.
* Ensure training materials and workflows are developed and implemented and that staff are trained to support the delivery of products and services.
* Accountable for ensuring staff meet core competencies and skills needed to deliver quality service.
* Working knowledge of P&C insurance policies, terminology and processing procedures.
* Proven leadership skills including conflict resolution with the ability to motivate staff.
* Analytical skills to identify trends in data, forecast/plan for future business needs, assesses operational problems and develop solutions /improvements.
* Solid strategic planning and organizational skills including time management, prioritization and attention to detail.
* Demonstrated customer service skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, results-driven service environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to hire, train, direct and motivate staff.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Prior supervisory and/or leadership experience in an insurance operations/policy services environment.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone; regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...